2007-11-17

Day 3 - August 18th - Seattle

Computers come in all sizes!



We’re staying a 2nd night in Seattle, with a BBQ party on the evening. Teryk takes care of electrical issues with the GPS.



I’ve never been to Seattle before so I spend several hours riding around and visiting the areas recommended by Patrick. It is a beautiful city! The water is everywhere, it’s very green each neighborhood has its own character. In the same time it’s maybe too similar to San Francisco to be really surprising without having as much charm (in my eyes). And the traffic downtown was just brutal! Did I mention I hate not splitting lanes?

The pics I took don’t represent Seattle at all, but I was just fascinated by the scale of the ‘industrial’ sites like the harbor and all.

Many freeways in Seattle...





But also a lot of beautiful houses, right on the water





I visited Mercer Island where Bill Gates lives and it’s quite gorgeous, reminding me a bit of Sausalito. I didn’t see Bill but I saw some other rich guy (at least with a huge house) who was so bored that he was making a ton of noise with his blower to clean up to the street



Hey, they even have house boats here



And old boats...




They were simulating a fight and you could hear the canon and smell the powder smoke.



A few random pictures that I like...

This one represents in my eyes the "old/new" Seattle with this factory transformed in offices for some Hi-tech company.




Old and new again



And the fascinating harbor





Then it's time to go home where Patrick is already working on some amazingly good BBQ



A really good time was had by all!

No comments: